Sunday, February 10, 2013

Space Coast Polymer Clay Guild

Yesterday I attended the Space Coast Polymer Clay Guild.  They meet once a month at the Suntree/Viera Library in Melbourne, FL.  It is a working session, from 11am to 4:30pm.  There were 5 of us there yesterday and I was amazed and impressed that a number of people saw us and came in to find out what was going on.  The meeting room is right near the front door and is the first thing you see.  We actually may have some new members from these encounters, and one woman stayed and Michelle, the founder, got her started on the basics.

At the Guild meet-ups you can do anything you want.  Either bring a project or learn something new.  Michelle had brought some books for us to look at and I picked Donna Kato's Millifiore book.  I made two canes from it, one using a Skinner blend and the other using my extruder.  Both came out great.  Now I just have to think about how I want to use them.  I'll post some pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment