Friday, February 1, 2013

Steep Learning Curve

As usual, I get myself involved in too many projects at once.  No one else does that, right?  :)
Anyway, I'm learning to do sculptural peyote and bead embroidery.  I've finished my first sculptural peyote pendant and when I finish the necklace portion, I'll post it.

I also took a class this week where I did my first metalwork (not counting silversmithing, which I've already done).  It was a bracelet of domed and patterned copper disks, starting from the raw sheet of copper.  I'll post that as soon as I finish oxidizing and polishing it.

This is all not counting the two necklaces I have started, nor the two bracelets.

I have a show tomorrow, the Sebastian Craft Club, in Riverview Park right here in Sebastian.  Seems like every show is better and better!

Meanwhile, I've been working on more polymer clay. I love the properties of this clay...so malleable, nice colors, and it doesn't dry out at room temperature. I've attached a few photos of some of my latest, a pendant and earring set, a heart pendant, and a pair of gold and red earrings.



No comments:

Post a Comment